We can help you learn more about AWS the most popular cloud platform from Amazon
1) What is an EC2 instance? Your web site is hosted on 5 EC2 instances in 5 regions around the globe with 1 EC2 instance per region. How could you configure your site to maintain site availability with minimum downtime if one of the 5 regions was to lose network connectivity for an extended period of time?
In plain terms it is the virtual machine environment that hosts your application in AWS cloud. To minimize downtime create a Route 53 Latency Based Routing Record Set that resolves to Elastic Load Balancers in each region and has the Evaluate Target Health flag set to true.
2) What are the many different storage options available with AWS?
Storage in S3 the standard storage, most popular archival service glacier, Reduced Redundancy Storage RRS in AWS terms, Elastic block store EBS storage, S3 IA the S3 Infrequent Access storage
3) What is use of EC2 Security Groups?
Security groups implemented at EC2 instance level provides security at both protocol and port access level working way similar to firewall. This controls incoming as well as outgoing traffic in an EC2 instance
4) How durable are the files saved in S3?
They are 99.999999999% durable
5) You want to own your own private network in AWS. How can you accomplish this?
This can be accomplished using virtual private cloud VPC
6) Your project makes use of S3 buckets as storage container. Do you need to provision this across multiple availability zones?
No need as the S3 storage is accessible across multiple availability zones
7) What is Ephemeral storage?
It is the Temporary/Non Persistent storage
8) What is the use of batch-write-item in a Dynamodb environment?
The batch-write-item is used to put or delete multiple items in one or more tables in dynamodb
9) You are involved in business continuity project. You are currently working on disaster recovery. Do you know what does RTO stand for in disaster recovery?
Recovery Time Objective the stipulates time limit within which system needs to be up and running in case of failure. In business critical financial banks it is as low as 15 minutes in some cases
10) How does an AWS on-demand instance work?
Here is the way an AWS on-demand instance work :
a) Pay as you go model. Pay only for usage thus saving cost
b) You are charged per second based on hourly rate
c) There is no upfront cost for instances and this avoids extra cost associated with unused instances
11) What is the difference between primary key and unique key?
Primary key uniquely identifies a row. Unique keys are created in columns that will the unique row values. Primary key is unique and not null however unique key can have null values
12) You are working on project where your employer has decided to migrate one of their projects onto AWS. What is the first thing to do while creating a new company account?
Set up new account using company official email address
13) Is a power user given access to users within IAM?
Power user is one who has access to all AWS services except the management of groups and users within IAM. Root user is the superuser account that finds privilege over and above the power user account
14) What is the use of cloudformation init script?
The cfn-init is the helper script that reads template metadata from the AWS::CloudFormation::Init key and acts accordingly . The AWS::Cloudformation::init key includes metadata on amazon EC2 instance. Following are the uses of a cloudformation init script :
a) Fetch and parse metadata from AWS:cloudformation::init key
b) Install packages
c) Write files to disk
d) Enable/disable services
e) Start (or) stop services
15) How will you accomplish extra capacity with additional CPU and RAM in EMR?
By adding more task nodes this can be accomplished in an EMR node
16) Which API call is internally triggered during the process of creating Amazon Machine Image AMI?
The API RegisterImage gets triggered during this process
17) What is the use of an compute optimized instance?
This is an instance that is designed to provide moderate baseline performance and the capability to burst to significantly higher performance as required by our workload
18) Where are individualized instances provisioned?
Individualized instances are provisioned at Availability Zones
19) Your project makes use of RRS. You have made a decision to expand business in multiple zones. Can RRS sustain this data requirement?
RRS is designed to sustain the loss of data at a single facility and hence can’t be used for this purpose
20) What is the total volume of data and number of objects that can be stored in Amazon S3 bucket?
1TB is the size limit
21) You want to delete multiple objects from S3. How can you accomplish that?
This can be achieved using Multi-Object Delete operation
22) What is the requirement with versioning in S3 to enable cross-regional replication?
Versioning must be enabled in both source and target S3 buckets for cross-regional replication
23) Is multifactor authentication mandatory to delete objects from a S3 bucket?
To delete objects from S3 buckets multifactor authentication is an optional feature and not mandatory
24) What is the minimum size of an S3 object?
Create a file with simple touch command and this will be 0 bytes. Such files with as small as 0 bytes can be created in S3
25) How does amazon Simple workflow SWF help users?
The simple workflow service is used for task management in AWS environment . The tasks can be synchronous as well as asynchronous tasks. Coordinate synchronous and asynchronous tasks using AWS SWF
26) If an Amazon EBS volume is an additional partition and not the root volume can we detach it without stopping the instance?
Yes, although it may take some time. An EBS volume other than root volume can be detached from live running instance. AWS CLI commands can be used for this purpose as well
27) Your project uses SQL Server RDS. What is the maximum size for a Microsoft SQL Server DB with SQL Server Express edition in AWS?
There are two different limits one that of the database 10GB in size, and that of the DB instance server storage 300GB in size. A DB server instance could quite easily host several DBs, or a DB and support files such as logs, dumps, and flat file backups. For express edition 10GB is used
28) What does EBS stand for?
Elastic Block Store EBS is the storage volume that is associated with EC2 instance in an AWS environment
29) Which is a document that provides a formal statement of one or more permissions?
It is the policy document
30) You are making use of AWs simple queue service. How many message queues can you create in SQS?
There is no limit on the number of message queues that can be created in SQS and it is unlimited
31) What are some default methods of ingesting content into Amazon S3?
Internet, VPN are some default data ingestion methods onto amazon S3
32) Can you store access keys in an AMI?
Access keys should never be stored on an AMI
33) What AWS technologies will you make use of to ease the database load?
RDS read replica, Elasticcache are some database load AWS technologies
34) What is main benefit of using AWS SWF worflow?
AWS SWF workflow ensures that actions are executed only once
35) What is used to build elastic, self-healing applications in AWS?
Autoscaling groups can be used for this purpose
36) Which service is the global content delivery network CDN from AWS?
Cloudfront is the Content Delivery Network from AWS
37) Does amazon S3 support website redirects?
Yes. It does support redirects
38) What is the minimum time interval for cloudwatch?
The minimum time interval for cloudwatch is 1 minute
39) You have to migrate amazon S3 objects to Amazon Glacier. How can you accomplish that?
S3 lifecycle transition policy can be used for this purpose
40) Can you make use of your existing microsoft windows server licenses with amazon EC2 shared tenancy instance?
This existing license can be used with dedicated host and not AWS
41) How will you implement single sign-on in an AWS environment?
In AWS we can implement single sign-on by integrating with existing active directory account
42) You are making using of AWs simple queue service. How many message queues can you create in SQS?
There is no limited on the number of message queues that can be created in SQS and it is unlimited
43) What are the different types of EMR nodes?
Core nodes, Task nodes
44) What are some of the benefits of AWS organizations?
a) Centrally manage access policies for multiple AWS accounts
b) Automation of AWS account creation and management
c) Control access to AWS services
d) Enable consolidated billing across multiple aws accounts
45) What is the reason behind Route53 naming convention?
The DNS Port is on Port 53 and Route53 is a DNS Service
46) You want to get details on TTL in a specified table. Which command will you make use of?
describe-time-to-live can be used to get details on TTL
47) Give some AWS services that have access to operating system :-
In AWS environment EC2, sysopswork are some services that have OS access
48) In a ELB implementation which component of ELB does monitor the load balancers?
In ELB controller service monitors the load balancers. This includes tasks such as adding and removing load balancers as needed. The load balancers are verified for proper functionality and removed or added on as needed basis
49) You are configuring encryption when creating the EBS volume. Does this enable encryption at rest ?
Yes. It does apply to both at rest and dynamic info
50) Can you create placement groups across 2 or more availability zones?
Nope. It is not possible to do so
51) What are all the payment options associated with reserved instances?
Following are the payment options associated with reserved instances:
a) All upfront
b) Partial upfront
c) No upfront
52) Can ELB distribute traffic across regions?
Nope, not possible. ELB can distribute traffic across EC2 instances. The EC2 instances can be in same availability zone, different availability zone within same region. ELB does nto distribute traffic across regions
53) You are looking for a robust delivery solution to transfer data from amazon lambda function onto amazon elastic search. Which service will you make use of?
AWS Kinesis firehose can be used for this purpose
54) You have been asked to build a system to analyse the customer behaviour. The data used for analysis comes from many different data sources including sales report, tweets, customer order logs from database. How will you build the basic framework for this project?
This project implementation tarts with datalake
55) What is the maximum length of the streamname string in amazon kinesis stream ?
The maximum length is 128
56) Does Elastic Map Reduce allows you to access the underlying operating systems of the EMR nodes?
Yes, it does allow OS access
57) Who is a owner in AWS permission model?
Both user identity and email address are used to create AWS account
58) Does Route53 support MX the mail Records?
Yes. IT does support MX mail records
59) What kind of data is stored in AWS glacier service?
AWS glacier is a data archival solution thatis mainly used to store Infrequently accessed data & data archives
60) You have deleted your ELB. Do you know how long cloudwatch metrics data are accessible for deleted ELB?
It becomes accessible for a period of 2 weeks
61) What are the many different types of actors in amazon simple workflow service?
Amazon SWF interacts with programmatic actors such as workflow starters, deciders, or activity workers
62) What is the use of domain in amazon simple workflow service SWF?
a) workflow components including workflow types, activity types can be specified to be part of domain scoping the amazon SWF resources within the AWS account
b) Domain is a collection of related workflows
63) Does AWS support SOAP?
SOAP support is available over https. It is not available over http also amazon s3 new features dont support SOAP
64) What makes DynamoDB a suitable choice for gaming websites?
DynamoDB is a fast, fully managed NoSQL database service that makes it simple and cost-effective to store and retrieve any amount of data, and serve any level of request traffic. Its guaranteed throughput and single-digit millisecond latency make it a great fit for gaming, advertising technology, mobile, and many other applications
65) Can we detach EBS volume that forms the root device of the EC2 instance without stopping the instance?
Nope, not possible. As in normal linux (or) unix machines root volume is the main volume that needs to be accessible for the machine to be up and running without any issues. Same does apply to EC2 instances as well
66) Do you know how long cloudwatch metrics data are accessible for terminated AWS EC2 instance?
This information becomes available for a period of 2 weeks
67) What is the VisibilityTimeout value of an SQS message in a FIFO queue?
The VisibilityTimeout is 12 hours
68) Do you know which language is made use of while creating IAM policy documents?
JSON is used for this purpose
69) You are looking for a easy way to load streaming data into AWS. Which service will you use?
Kinesis Firehose serves this purpose
70) You are connecting to AWS using AWS CLI. What do you need for this?
For this do we need to create an IAM user
71) Which operation in dynamodb lets you support atomic counters?
UpdateItem supports atomic counters
72) We are creating an amazon S3 bucket from US standard region. Can I make it mixed case?
Nope. Amazon S3 buckets should be all lower case. This is across all AWS regions and not specific to Us standard region etc
73) How can you accomplish amazon kinesis API to add tags to stream?
This can be accomplished using AddTagsToStream
74) What AWS services can you make use of to gather requirements on your payments application development project in AWS?
Amazon payments infrastructure are made use of by services amazon devpay and amazon FPS. amazon flexible payment services is a service used by developers to accept payments on websites. this includes micropayments support as well. When it comes to amazon devpay the scope is different. Say you have applications built on amazon s3 or amazon ec2. You want to resell these applications, Now, the customers pay amazon. Amazon deducts a small fee plus commission and pays rest to you. This is tightly integrated with AWS infrastructure
75) What is a EBS snapshot?
In Amazon EBS terms, EBS snapshot is state of a EBS volume captured at a point-in-time
76) What are components of Elastic Load balancer ELB?
ELastic load balancer ELB as it is popularly called is composed of two components the load balancer and the controller services
77) S3 has eventual consistency for which HTTP Methods?
AWS S3 provides eventual consistency for overwrite puts and deletes
We can help you learn more about AWS the most popular cloud platform from Amazon