1) A database administrator requires that a custom script be executed prior to the
backup of the database. This custom script requires approximately 20 minutes to
execute. Which two configuration options must be modified to allow this operation in a veritas netbackup environment?
DB_EXECUTE_TIMEOUT in vm.conf, BUSY_FILE _PROCESSING in bp.conf
2) Which NetBackup process is responsible for volume recognition on a media server?
3) What options can be used to expire physical media in a veritas netbackup environment?
date, change of the backup retention level
4) Which command can unfreeze a tape with the media 10 of ABC123 in netbackup?
bpmedia -unfreeze -m ABC123
5) What is required for a SSO to work in netbackup environment?
A SAN is required for SSO to work
6) Which netbackup commands can be used to check and update the volume configuration?
7) A new policy has been created with Full and Incremental schedules. The volume
pool has been configured and named Pool A. The Incremental schedule is using the
tapes out of the Full volume pool, not the DailyVolume pool. What can be done to have the Incremental schedule use the PoolA volume pool?
Policy> Schedules> Incremental> Attributes> Override policy volume pool> PoolA
8) Which veritas netbackup command can be used to bring a down drive to an UP state?
9) Which factors can determine the number of data streams that can run concurrently?
Multiplexing setting, MAX STREAMS setting, maximum jobs per client setting
10) Which methods automate notification about the status of all backups in veritas netbackup environment?
Modify backup_exit_notlfy.cmd for e-mail notification, Set the e-mail address in host properties
11) What is the appropriate sequence of steps needed to properly implement the VxVM Snapshot Method?
Here are the sequence of steps needed to implement VxVM snapshot :
11.1) Invoke VxVM to establish snap mirror prior to backup
11.2) Perform the backup from the snapshot volume
11.3) After the backup has been completed, invoke VxVM to re-synchronize the snap mirror
12) What is the use of commands vmcheck, bpupdate, vmcheckxxx ?
vmcheck is used to check backup created, bpupdate is used to is used to update the timing and such properties of backup, vmcheckxxx is used to check a backup piece based on timestamp
13) To restore data that was backed up to a NearStore VTL and then off to tape do you need to restore from tape to the NearStore VTL before restoring the data to the server?
14) Give details about OSSV :-
Whilst each OSSV transfer is incremental, each view on the secondary (i.e snapshot) is seen as
a full backup. You can manage OSSV with CLI the command line interface tools, or through DataFabric Manager, or via third party tools such as Syncsort/Bakbone/CommVault
15) What is the largest unit that you can backup with SnapVault?
16) A customer with OSSV has used the SnapVault/snapMirror bundle to convert their OSSV
destination to R/W for testing. The testing was a success and they would like to copy their
changes back to the OSSV primary. How can this be done?
This is not a possible scenario
17) A customer wants to use SnapVault to backup snapshots from a traditional volume. Which one of the following will impact SnapVault performance?
Frequency of SnapVault transfers
18) Customer wants to do a nightly backup that is locked down for compliance purposes. Which
product will you use?
19) A customer has backed up a SnapVault volume on a SnapVault secondary to tape. The steps to recover data from tape to the SnapVault primary will be:
1) Tape->secondary volume->primary volume
2) Tape->primary volume
20) A customer has an Oracle Database with a RTO of 1 hour, but a RPO of 5 minutes. How can they achieve this with minimal WAN traffic?
SnapVault the Database files every hour and SnapMirror the logs every 5 minutes
21) How can you make a SnapVault destination volume read-write?
22) Can the NearStore VTL can be added to an existing Fibre Channel Fabric without removing the Tape device?
23) A customer has a volume with 5 qtrees and assorted directories and files not in the qtrees. How
24) can the customer backup that data not in the qtrees?
Use SnapVault command line
25) A customer has a volume on a filer that contains 10 qtrees. All but one of the qtrees have similar change rates and size. The volume is scheduled to transfer every morning at 1 AM. The 9 qtrees with similar characteristics all transfer within 15 minutes and the tenth qtree takes two hours to complete. When will the SnapVault transfer be completed for those qtrees?
26) Customer wants to run 40 OSSV relationships concurrently. Which system can support this as a destination with the Near store personality?
27) What is the minimum RPO available using SnapVault schedules?
28) Can SnapVault can replicate data over Fibre Channel between the primary and secondary storage systems?
29) How can we tune a NearStore VTL system?
Nothing, the system is auto-tuning.
30) What would you use to get a centralized view or SnapVault backups in a NetApp FAS environment?
Data Fabric Manager
31) What is required to ensure that a DataFort configuration is ready for disaster recovery?
DataFort current database, Recovery Cards, Recovery Card password
32) When are Recovery Cards required in the trustee key-sharing process?
During the establishment of only the trustee relationship
33) Give details on disk and tape I/O in Datafort environment :-
Disk and tape I/O cannot be combined through the same standalone DataFort. Disk and tape I/O cannot be combined through the same cluster.
34) How many additional FC-switch ports are required for an inline direct-attached FC-5XX DataFort?
35) If your recovery schema is two out of five, how many Recovery Cards do you need to remove a cluster member?
36) What are the indications a media type of duplex mode mismatch on the DataFort admin
The cluster continually aborts and reforms. The DataFort techdump takes a very long time to complete.
37) In SAN , you are restoring a deleted Cryptainer that was created in SAN . How can you find the keyID for the encrypted LUN?
By using the CLI command fcc key list
38) What is the purpose of the Key Policy setting for tapes?
It determines whether or not each tape has a unique key
39) Which factors should be considered when assessing the performance impact a DataFort
will have on an existing environment?
The number of devices connected to a specific DataFort
The combined speed of all devices connected to the DataFort
The device type, tape or disk, being connected to the DataFort
40) If your disk array will support 150 MB/s, approximately how long will it take you to complete the Encrypt Empty Disk Task on 100TB of disk space?
41) The E-Series DataFort Local ACL feature is designed to prevent unauthorized Windows
administrators from gaining Cryptainer access by adding themselves to which one?
The share ACL
42) Give some details on Cryptainer :-
One Cryptainer is created per LUN.
The original LUN ordering is always preserved for Port Mapped Cryptainer vaults
43) Which SCSI signaling and connector type is used by an S-Series DataFort?
LVD signal, VHDCI connector type
44) Which defense setting requires zeroization after rebooting with a low battery condition?
45) Which step is automatically performed when using host virtualization?
Granting Cryptainer access to virtualized hosts
46) Which filtering options does the network capture capability on the DataFort allow?
Filter on IP address, Filter on DNS hostname, Filter on port number, Filter on IP protocol, Filter using “and,” “or” and “not”
47) What can the E-Series DataFort net util tcpdump command capture?
Network packets going between DataFort client-side/server-side NIC and arbitrary machines
48) Which actions remove key material?
Zeroization of DataFort with destruction of its System Card, Deletion of all manually saved configdb files
49) Which settings do you use to enable the tape error recovery extension to the FC protocol?
50) What can be used to share key material between different DataFort clusters?
A trustee relationship with key export/import, DataFort cloning, Key Translation in LKM software, Key Translation in LKM appliance
51) Give details about the DataFort appliance remote logging capabilities :-
All DataFort logs can be configured to be sent to a remote Windows-based server. DataFort log storage locations can be configured from the GUI or the CLI. DataFort logging can be configured to be sent to a remote syslog server.
52) Which FIPS certification does the FC520 have?
140-2, Level 3
53) Which two upgrades produce a zeroization of DataFort?
Upgrading from SAN 1.6 to SAN 22.214.171.124
Upgrading from SAN 1.8 to SAN 2.1
54) How can we verify a customer disaster recovery configuration ?
Be verified as functional before DataFort appliances are installed
55) Which methods allow movement of keys to two standalone LKM servers/appliances?
Establish link between LKM1 and LKM2 appliances
Register DataFort to both LKM servers and manually initiate a backup to LKM2
56) How do you ensure that operation trace logging is enabled?
Through the Logging Configuration page of the WebUI
By using the CL sys prop get command to view the setting of the sys.proc.syslogd.conf.op_trace property
57) What happens when the DataFort detects an intrusion?
The DataFort stops encrypting and decrypting data.
58) When should you use DataFort cloning as a key-sharing best practice?
Global default pool deployment
59) Which Solaris-specific file is used for target discovery for tape devices?
60) Which two FC DataFort deployment options are supported?
Both storage and host ports connected to the same switch
The storage port connected to an edge switch and the host port connected to a core switch
61) In FC-Series 2.x, which two applications recognize application pool labels?
62) Which are the backup types that are available in Netbackup?
Differential Incremental Backup
Cumulative Incremental Backup
63) What is media multiplexing?
The process of sending concurrent-multiple backups from one or more clients to a single storage device and interleaving those images onto the media
64) What is avrd ?
The automatic volume recognition daemon on UNIX and process on Windows
65) What is bpadm?
An administrator utility that runs on NetBackup UNIX servers. It has a character-based, menu interface that can be run from terminals that do not have X Windows capabilities
66) What is a frozen image ?
A stable disk copy of the data prior to backup. A frozen image is created very rapidly, causing minimal impact on other applications. There are two basic types: copy-on-write and mirror
67) What is retention period ?
The length of time that NetBackup keeps backup and archive images. The retention period is specified on the schedule.
68) What is tape spanning ?
Using more than one tape to store a single backup image
69) What is TLD,TLH,TLM,TL4,TL8?
TLD-Tape Library DLT
TLH-Tape Library Half-inch
TLM-Tape Library Multimedia
TL4-Tape Library 4MM
TL8-Tape Library 8MM
70) What is the full form of DLT?
Digital-linear tape or tape drive type
71) What is image expiration and volume expiration?
Image expiration is the date and time when NetBackup stops tracking a backup image. Volume Expiration is the date and time when the physical media (tape) is considered to be no longer usable
72) What is Commandline to shutdown netbackup services on Windows Server?
73) Which command is used to produce a report on Status of Netbackup Images?
74) What is the use of command vmupdate?
Inventory the media contents of a robotic library
75) Commandline for Creating a copy of backups created by NetBackup?
76) If you wanted to bypass netbackup commands and move a tape from slot 1 to drive 3 how would you do that?
robtest s1 d3
77) If I asked you to tell me if a client has Netbackup on it just by using a telnet command what would you do?
Telnet command used to check the bpcd port is running on the client
Telnet < host name> bpcd /13782
78) If you wanted to know what IP address netbackup was using to perform backups what command would you run and where would you run it?
use bpclntcmd –pn from master server to the client
Bpcover –r < host name>
79) If a media ID A04567 comes back and it is frozen, what are the steps to unfreeze it and move it back to scratch from the command line?
bpmedia –unfreez < Media ID>
Through GUI , right click on the media to move to scratch volume pool
80) What is the client version supported by NBU 6.x and 5.x masters?
The version support from 6.x to 4.5
81) What is the process of importing images and why do we import images?
There are two phases.
Phase I: It builds the skeleton metadata
Phase II: It allows you to select which images to actually complete the import process
82) There are 1000 Client machines , 999 machines are transferring datas in good speed but one client machine is taking too long to transfer a datas .That is backup should complete within 2 hours but after 12 hours and more the data transfer is still happening why?
Please check the Network bandwidth. BPTM,bpbrm on both master and media server and bpbkar and bpcd logs on clients. I am appreciated if any one give more information on this.
83) There is a Tape library with 10 drives.Can we able to create 2 Storage units?
As per my knowledge. N no. of storage units you can create. But mail criteria to create a storage unit is.
1: It should be same robot controller
2: It should be same library
3: It should be same media server connected
4: It should be same Density