1) Network FailSafe device is controlled by which switch protocol?
2) Which NetWorker feature enables multiple storage nodes to use the same device?
Dynamic drive sharing
3) What value has the address space been increased to with the introduction of IPv6?
4) What is a role of a NetWorker storage node?
Manages backup devices
5) Which protocol is used by open systems hosts to access storage in Fiber Channel SANs?
6) A read cache miss operation on a Symmetrix has several steps. The first step is that the host
sends a read request. What is the next step?
The Channel Director checks the track table.
7) What are two CLARiioN High Availability features?
Dual LCCs, Dual storage processor
8) What do VLANs reduce?
The number of packets processed by clients
9) What does EtherChannel link aggregation do?
Disables links of a different speed to the majority of links in the trunk
10) What is used by NetWorker to manage its configuration?
11) In Asynchronous transmissions how are characters transmitted?
Single characters are transmitted at a time
12) What is UDP?
Connectionless base protocol
13) What is VDMs?
VDMs are isolated CIFS servers with their own environments
14) What generates the Content Address for a Centera?
15) Which level of backup is performed during a NetWorker consolidated backup?
16) In a NetWorker browsable recovery, what is true about the destination client?
Must also be the administering client
17) In a NetWorker recovery, which client role performs the recovery?
18) What is Celerra Replicator?
Is an asynchronous data replication solution
19) What is the default subnet mask for an IPv4 Class B address?
20) Which event occurs in a NetWorker server-initiated backup but NOT in a client-initiated
Data life-cycle policies are enforced
21) How many octets in a default Class C IPv4 address make up the network portion?
22) Which NetWorker resource is used to determine the backup level for a client?
23) What is a characteristic of Centera?
Guaranteed content authenticity
24) What load balancing policies are available in PowerPath?
No Redirect, Round robin
25) Which of the following Symmetrix connectivity options can you use with Open Systems and Windows Hosts?
Fibre Channel and SCSI
26) Which of the following allows you to use ControlCenter Automated Resource Manager Storage Provisioning Services?
Storage pools and storage policies
27) In Celerra TimeFinder/FS Far Copy how does replication happen?
Source and Target are asynchronously replicated
28) In a Centera, what is a supported replication topology?
29) How many optical network ports are available on a NS500 DataMover?
30) What does the OSI Physical layer provide?
The media specification
31) What is a function of the API for Centera?
Separates the BLOB from the metadata
32) What is true about FTP and TFTP ?
FTP uses port 21 and TFTP uses port 69
33) When is Celerra SRDF used?
Is implemented over a campus distance
34) How is free maintained in the CLARIION write cache?
Cache is flushed to the driver during I/O only the least -recently used page are flushed
35) Which symmetric presents devices to hosts?
36) What dose the control Center storage agent monitor?
37) When is the Port Bypass Card used on a Symmetrix DMX?
When the Disk Director fails
38) Which of the Celerra data replication options provides a point-in-time filesystem copy over IP?
39) What does ISL aggregation do?
Enables distribution of traffic over the combined bandwidth of two or more ISLs and increases
40) What are features of Celerra Replicator?
Synchronous data recovery, Point-in-time copy over an IP network
41) Which protocol does open systems hosts use to access storage in Fibre Channel SANs?
42) Which NetWorker host performs the backup of the bootstrap save set?
Server during a server-initiated backup
43) Which product is used to create Logical Volumes on a Symmetrx system?
Control Center Symmetrix Manager
44) Which Symmetrix connectivity options can be used with mainframe hosts?
ESCON and FICON
45) Which control center view provides a single graphical view of the whole environment, including
consolldated alters and threshold charts?
At A Glance
46) Which set component is requires for write caching to be enable in a CLARIION array?
2 power supplies, 2 storage processors,2 LCC cards and at least one standby power supply
47) What is a benefit of using zoning in a SAN?
Security at the switch port level
48) What is a characteristic of enterprise directors?
Fully redundant components
49) Which java based interface manages standalone MDS-Series switches?
50) Which protocol is used by open system hosts to access block level storage over IP?
51) What is a characteristic of a Content Address in Centera?
52) What is use of Internet Control Message Protocol ICMP?
Sends administrative information between network devices
53) What is the purpose of storage groups in a CLARiiON storage array?