Oracle cloud interview Questions will help you prepare and clear upcoming interview questions with oracle cloud
1) There are many different cloud services. Why should I choose oracle cloud over others?
Oracle database is the popular relational database company that has been in existence so long. Oracle cloud offers database as a service. With oracle databases supporting enterprise databases, this is a cloud service that can support databases that are used for testing, development, all the way upto live production databases. Oracle cloud offers high availability, scalability options offering business continuity, time save and lot more advantages. A cloud service from a database company to keep it simple
2) You are opting for standard package. Do you need to pay extra for TDE?
No. All packages including standard package, enterprise package, high performance package, extreme performance package include Oracle Database Transparent Data Encryption
3) Can you implement RAC in oracle cloud?
Yes. Enterprise edition extreme performance RAC under bring your own license BYOL model does offer this provision. Pricing can be referred at oracle cloud official website
4) What is included in standard package?
Under standard package both in Universal credit services as well as bring your own license BYOL model oracle database standard edition 2 is included. In case you have opted to make use of BYOL model standard package this can be standard edition one, or oracle database standard edition 2
5) You have chosen to make a purchase under universal credit services standard package. What cost do you need to pay upfront?
As this a pay as you go service in case of universal credit services you dont need to pay any upfront costs. Based on usage monthly invoice will be generated. This is same as in AWS cloud
6) You have chosen to BYOL standard package. What is upfront cost?
This is a pay as you go service and no monthly upfront cost needed. Only service usage is metered and charged accordingly
7) In oracle cloud platform as service offering what database management services are included?
Following database management services are included as part of Oracle cloud platform as a service PaaS :
Big Data Cloud
Autonomous NoSQL Database Cloud
Autonomous Data Warehouse Cloud
8) What are the many different database deployment model available with oracle cloud?
Following are the many different types of database deployment models that come as part of oracle cloud:
Oracle database cloud service
Oracle database cloud service bare metal
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud at Customer
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service – Managed
Oracle Database Schema Cloud Service – Managed
9) Can I try oracle cloud for free?
Yes. Oracle cloud offers $300 in free credits. You can make use of this credit for building your test, development, production databases, compute options, containers, IoT, bigdata, API, chatbots, integrations and lots more that are valid for 30 days
Create a free account and try these features for free
10) Where can you store your oracle database backup in oracle cloud?
Oracle cloud object storage solution that is reliable and scalable. As of information from oracle website this is a 8000TB storage that is used for storing and accessing the data in databases that are ever growing. This is storage used for storing oracle database backup data
11) What are the unique features of oracle cloud database backup management offering?
This is a reliable and scalable object data storage from oracle cloud. Some salient features includes:
Security – This solution comes with enterprise-grade data protection policies. The privacy policies are in enterprise grade as well. Oracle being the most popular enterprise database solution this cloud offerings from oracle are designed with this in mind
Reliability – Redundancy policies ensure high availability of data
Scalability – Oracle cloud is a pay as you go model solution wherein you can choose to purchase universal credits, BYOL etc. Based on capacity and growing demands storage hardware is allocated making this a scalable solution
Simplification by using existing RMAN for backups – Even with cloud oracle is still making use of RMAN backup for performing the database backups. This makes backup, restore and recovery operations transparent using RMAN
12) Is my backup safe and secure while being stored in oracle cloud? Explain?
Yes. Oracle database backup service offering encrypts backups at the source, this backup is securely transferred to the cloud and stored in cloud
13) What is the difference between normal database and Oracle database cloud service?
Oracle database cloud service is same as single-instance oracle database except for that database is deployed in cloud and computing resources including storage, power etc is provided by Oracle
14) In Oracle cloud is database maintenance and management to be done only using cloud tools?
Nope. Normal database tools can be made use of for maintenance and management purposes. However, oracle cloud tools can be optionally used
15) What are the two service levels available with oracle database cloud service?
Oracle Database Cloud Service Virtual image wherein customer is responsible for installing software, maintenance of software. Customer has root privilege and full database administrative privilege
Oracle Database Cloud Service wherein database deployment is easy using custom options provided online. Oracle database cloud service can perform automated backups. Customer is responsible for setting up maintenance operations, recovery operation setup in the event of failure
16) Which component of Oracle cloud provides service console and REST API?
Platform Service Manager the PSM component of Oracle cloud is responsible for this. This component is the one used in Oracle golden gate and Oracle Java cloud service as well
17) How does PSM interact with compute nodes to perform predefined cloud service actions like backup, patching?
PSM uses secure shell the SSH in port 22 of compute nodes. Compute nodes hosts databases which as database deployments in oracle cloud terms. These cations can be initiated over web service console that uses PSM or REST API
18) How is internal communication between PSM and Oracle cloud compute nodes established?
SSH key-value pairs are used for this communication in port 22. This key value pair is specific to each and every database deployment and used for internal communication purposes. This SSH is internal to Oracle and not accessible. If there is an issue here PSM communication with compute node fails
19) Can PSM communication with compute nodes be audited?
Though PSM is an oracle component the actions of PSM during its communication with compute node can be logged and audited
20) Who has access to the SSH keys used for PSM communication with compute nodes?
Only owner of that project has this access. For security purposes even oracle support and operations is not granted this access unless explicitly shared by customers for troubleshooting purposes
21) What are the database related public cloud offerings in oracle cloud?
Oracle public cloud offering comes with the following three database related services in the public cloud. They are as folows :
a) Schema as a service
b) Database as a service – Popularly called DBaaS this public cloud is offered as both Infrastructure as a service IaaS and Plarform as a Service PaaS
c) Oracle database cloud exadata service
22) What does provisioning an oracle database mean?
Provisioning an oracle database means creating an oracle database and making it available to the end users
23) How will you provision an oracle database?
As an oracle dba (or) cloud dba we need to collect requirements from customers (or) project owners and create it as per specific requirements. In case your project needs a clone of production database immediately for testing (or) UAT purpose say for example this can be done as per standard specification requirements often based on a template
24) Give details on some oracle cloud terminologies :-